Discuss a Plan of Study with Parents & Counselors
Planning Your Future
Beginning college early is an important decision. We recommend you discuss your goals and interests with your parents or guardians, your high school counselor, and a BTC advisor as soon as possible.
Your high school establishes graduation requirements. Before enrolling in Running Start, it is important that you work with your high school counselor and verify exactly what credits you need for graduation.
Other important considerations:
- It is expected that a Running Start student be academically and developmentally mature to function in a college’s independent environment. A high degree of initiative and the ability to interact with people of all ages and backgrounds will help ensure a successful experience.
- While Running Start students may not have to pay full tuition charges, students and/or their families are responsible for expenses such as program fees, books, supplies, and transportation.
- Holiday and break schedules differ from high school calendars - BTC is on a quarterly system, not the semester system of high schools. Refer to the BTC College Calendar for holiday and vacation dates.
DEGREES AND CLASSES OVERVIEW
BTC offers a variety of exciting educational opportunities. Visit the Degrees and Classes Overview webpage to see a listing of:
Sign up for a campus tour! Campus tours are offered twice weekly and by appointment when possible. Sign up by calling 360.752.8345. Please note: Programs with off-site classrooms and lab facilities, such as our Fisheries Technology program, must be arranged with faculty and scheduled separately.
Attend a 60-minute workshop where you can:
- Take career/vocational assessments
- Learn about career and wage outlook
- Get connected with other related resources
See when the next workshop is and sign up by calling the Admissions and Student Resource Center at 360.752.8345 or email:
NEW STUDENT WORKSHOPS
BTC offers several workshops to help students understand enrollment processes and provide the support you need when you need it. View the Entry Services Calendar for find dates and times for :
- Future Student Advising
- Paying for College
- Program Info Sessions
- And more!
Reserve your spot now online. If you have questions, please contact the Admissions & Student Resource Center at 360.752.8345 or email email@example.com. Drop-ins are also welcome.
WEEKLY RUNNING START DROP-IN ADVISING
Advising is available for Running Start students and their parents/guardians every Wednesday from 2-4pm on a walk-in basis. Advising sessions are typically 15-20 minutes long with the Running Start advisor, where you can complete any of the following:
- Review Admissions process
- Overview of RS requirements
- Complete Verification form
- Determine HS credit equivalencies
- Learn about fee waivers
Meet with our Running Start advisor so you can strike a balance between your high school goals, college goals, and financial abilities.