Passport to College Promise Scholarship for Former Foster Youth
Through the Passport to College Promise Scholarship program, students receive a scholarship that assists with the cost of attending college (tuition, fees, books, housing, transportation, and some personal expenses), and specialized support services from a college staff member.
Eligible students may receive up to $1,500 per quarter in financial assistance. Passport students also may opt-in for personalized help and support services from the College Success Foundation.
Passport serves former foster youth who:
- Spend at least one year in foster care in Washington state after their 16th birthday
- Emancipate from care on or after January 1, 2007
- Enroll at least half-time in an eligible college by their 22nd birthday
- Maintain Washington residency
- Be working toward earning their first degree or certificate
To apply, complete the Passport Consent Form
Send it to:
- Washington Student Achievement Council
- Passport for Foster Youth Promise Program
- PO Box 43430
- Olympia, WA 98504-3430
- Fax: 360-704-6246
If approved for Passport, students must notify the Passport Coordinator at BTC of their eligibility.