Scholarships are another source of free money to help pay for school. Scholarships are provided by Bellingham Technical College Foundation, and other organizations and donors, based on certain criteria.
- Learn more about BTC Foundation Scholarships.
- Find a variety of scholarships on theWashBoard.org, the Washington Scholarship Coalition’s website.
- We’ve put together a list of a wide variety of local, statewide and national scholarships you might qualify for, based on your program, your background, your needs, and other criteria. Start applying!
Beware of Scholarship Scams
Did you know that every year, hundreds of thousands of students and parents lose hundreds of millions of dollars to scholarship scam sites?
- Scam sites use official-sounding names like "Federal", "National", and "Administration" to sound legitimate.
- Be wary of scholarships that ask you to pay an application fee. Legitimate scholarship foundations do not charge application fees.
- Beware of any scholarship service that "guarantees" success. No one can guarantee you’ll win a scholarship.
- Avoid sales pitches disguised as financial aid seminars.
Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
Learn more about scholarship scams and how to protect yourself.