Please check this out: BTC strongly endorses this program for all students potentially receiving financial aid. Especially helpful with Student Loans.
Once you’ve been admitted to BTC, you can start applying for financial aid.
Here’s how it works:
Submit the Free Application for Financial Aid (FAFSA)
It’s easy, and should take only about 30 minutes to complete online.
- A PIN from the Department of Education site. This helps them identify you when accessing your information, and acts as your electronic signature. If you are a dependent of your parent or guardian, they will need their own PIN. Get your PIN here.
- Income records, such as W2s, copies of federal tax returns, and SSI benefits for the previous year. Dependent students will need their parents’ or guardians’ income records.
- BTC College Code 016227.
You’ll receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) form the Department of Education. This is a summary of the information you provided. Review the SAR carefully. Make any necessary corrections online or contact Financial Aid for help.
Learn everything you need to know about Federal Student Aid and the FAFSA.
BTC will receive your FAFSA information.
After about a week, BTC will receive your FAFSA information. You’ll also be notified by email. You will need to complete a BTC Financial Aid Data Sheet to let us know which quarters you will be attending. You may also have additional paperwork to complete, which you can do through the Financial Aid Portal.
BTC reviews your application
BTC reviews your application and worksheets. This process takes six to eight weeks. (That’s why it’s important to apply early!)
The Award process usually takes about three to four weeks:
- You’ll receive your award email, and can view your financial aid awards (grants, work study, and loans for which you qualify) through the Financial Aid Portal.
- Grants, scholarships and any agency funds you are receiving will automatically be applied to your tuition and fees.
- If you need loans to cover any other expenses, complete entrance counseling and the Master Promissory Note (MPN) here. Then complete the BTC Direct Loan Application. Note: loan funds for new students are not available until 30 days after first quarter begins.
Check your Awards
Go to the Financial Aid Portal to check on awards left after tuition and fees are paid. Awards will be released to you after the quarter has begun.